Sunday, September 5, 2010

Think You're Having a Bad Day?

From NPR:

A New York City man survived after plunging 39 stories from the roof of an apartment building and landing on a parked car.

Witnesses and police say 22-year-old Thomas Magill tried to commit suicide by jumping from the high-rise at West 63rd Street on Tuesday. He landed in the backseat area of a Dodge Charger after crashing through the windshield.

Police said Magill was in critical condition and had suffered broken legs.

The car's owner, Guy McCormack, of Old Bridge, N.J., told the Daily News he's convinced that rosary beads he kept inside the Dodge saved Magill's life.

In December 2007, window washer Alcides Moreno survived after falling 47 stories from the roof of a New York City skyscraper.

OTHER VOICES:

2 comments:

jel said...

just wasn't their time to go!


wow bet that was something too see,
did ya get any pictures of it?


oh did ya change the color of the fish?

David Kirk said...

jel: I was going to call this post "Wishing Everyone a Great Fall" but reconsidered. I didn't have my camera at the game because I was working the concession stand. If I run across anyone else's pictures of it, I will post them. I changed two of the fish colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...