Monday, January 21, 2008

"I Have A Dream..."

(Liz's second-grade class has been studying Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. She asked her students to complete the sentence "I have a dream..." and these are some of their actual responses.)
  • "I wish every family in the world would get back together and never fall apart."

  • "I wish my community would love each other and be friends."
  • "I have a dream for candy to fall out of the sky."

  • "...for all toys to be a dollar."
  • "...for that it won't get really cold."

  • "...for people to stop killing people."

  • "...for nobody to kill another person over again."

  • "Everything for my community just to make them happy."

  • "...I don't want any wars in my country."

  • "...for people to be very nice and peaceful."

  • "My town is a great place for all the people in the world."

  • "I have a dream I have a cat."

  • "...for black and white people to be friends all day if they want to."

  • "I wish this town had a Gattiland [pizza and game arcade - DK]."

  • "I wish it would rain money and gold."

  • "I want everything to be free. I want hamburgers to be free, I want hot dogs to be free, I want snow cones to be free, I want ice cream to be free."

  • I have a dream wrestling toys fall out of the sky."

  • "...for everyone to always play with white children and black children. I wish everyone would be treated the same and for people not to fight and for people to like each other."

2 comments:

jel said...

some smart, and funny kids there!


They grow up to fast these day's

David Kirk said...

Jel: Yes they are ... and yes they do! Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...